CJ-4 or CI-4/CI-4+

Rate this topic

I read a release (SVB 2007-57N here in Canada) that tells us we can use CI-4 or CI-4Plus motor oils in the 6.4 if the viscosity we desire isn't available in CJ-4....

So.... Ford has had us tell customers that they must use CJ-4 oil in their 6.4..... and now we can look like dorks when we put something else in.

Dealing with these engineers is like being married..... "OK, guys... we've made up our minds..... AGAIN!".

What a bunch of freakin idiots. However, we now can stress the importance of changing the oil at 5000km's (3000miles in english) but ford will most likely come out with a bulletin to fuck that up as well. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_crazy.gif

Never mind, Just read the bulletin and they already did in this letter.

Dwayne, if I only knew.... Right now I'm up to mt ass in alligators.... One service writer that's about 2 months on the job... one that's conscripted from another department and one that's a dealer principal (there are times that he forgets there are words like "no" and "can't today"). We have more apprentices than apprentice suitable work orders...

All the same, we are likely under the microscope or about to go under it.... I try to make sure we don't do something stupid but I'm sure that some have gotten through....

At least we don't have to deal with Clay, anymore...

At least we don't have to deal with Clay, anymore...

No shit hugh? He's the Jackass that was telling everyone including us to unplug Egr valves. We are under stage two audit right now because we are high in costs per repair.

Example of why. 05' F550 gets a new long block due to grenaded. Two weaks later comes back Hydrolocked. Injector cups installed incorrectly and are cracked and when they rebuilt the heads they ran the tap threads right into the heads. Block is O.K. Replaced bothe heads. F.u.Q.e.R (That's now what I call F.Q.R's: broken fuckers)is leaking coolant from front of engine. Cracked cover. W.T.F? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif Will we ever win? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smhair.gif

Anywho, I don't see things getting any better. We now have no reasons to deny warranty but we are supposed to get our cost down. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/scratchhead.gif At least I have good story's and they are not charging anything back.