IDS Release 52

Rate this topic

Has anyone downloaded or used the latest version 52 on their IDS. When you hook up the VCM it shows using the normal USB cable or wireless to link the VCM to the computer.

It also has a icon on the right side of the self test screen where you can access Oasis and PTS with the codes you received. Is this the beginning of Ford watching what we are getting for information from these vehicles???

Is this the beginning of Ford watching what we are getting for information from these vehicles???

When you use IDS do you save or delete your vehicle sessions? Do you enter the VIN, repair order number and mileage? Either way I have long suspected that the "Mother Ship" at the Big Bblue Borg has the ability to upload your session files when you connect to their server for updates. You know, the ones you cannot continue to use the tool until you update with??? I SUSPECT that this can be done but I have no idea if it IS being done. I know that it is technically possible and has been for a long time.

Think about it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

I just talked to the IDS hotline yesterday about this. I had just hooked my personal IDS to the VMM and it noticed that the VMM was out of date. SO I hit the little Tick and it had a total brain fart. Downloaded a corrupt file and wiped out my whole Windows system. Thank God I backed up files. Anywho, after eight hours of reloading my whole laptop up again, I was chattin with the IDS hotline and asked them about the wireless icon and they said that it was to improve communications between the IDS and the VCM and also to cut down on the costs of replacing the broken USB cables.

My system has repair order disabled and I prefer to punch things into OASIS manually because I don't always like the order that the IDS loads them into OASIS.

Give them only what is important and get the flat rate job done faster. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif

I was chattin with the IDS hotline and asked them about the wireless icon and they said that it was to improve communications between the IDS and the VCM and also to cut down on the costs of replacing the broken USB cables.

Wireless icon? If I were to jump to conclusions I would think that there is a wireless option for the VCM... or one coming? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif You do know that there is what looks like a PC card slot inside the VCM under the clear cover right?

Yes there is a wireless option coming now. We discussed it on our masters cruise in sept. It was already out in dealer pilots and some had experence with it. From what was said it was the best thing since sliced bread. At the time they where talking about being released soon and about 300bones.