dana s110 pinion nut torque

Rate this topic

The more interesting question is now many of you actually own or have access to the necessary torque wrench and or torque multiplier? I personally own a 600 lb/ft torque wrench but have never had the need for a torque multiplier. Maybe once... but That's not a tool I am buying to use once!

We have a couple of 3' yoke clamps that either go around the yoke or bolt to it and rest against the frame or spring. I wonder if they would bend under that kind of force?

Every dealership I have worked at has had a 4x Torque multiplier. As Jim would say......Neener neener neener. However, it is mighty nice to have one when I need it.

By the way, I use a really big pipe wrench to hold the flange.

I just did one last week. I used a companion flange holding tool that was bolted to the flange and a 3.3:1 torque mulitplier. I had a other tech hold the holding tool and I turned the torque wrench with all my might.

I feel the need to confess here. With my biggest torque wrench and the touque multiplier, the nut only got tightened to 825ft/lbs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

we got a 4x torque multiplier from a truck shop,we did not have a holding tool so I made one out of a part of a broken leaf spring, I looked one up on snap on and there

only around $500 that's not too bad?