FORDSTAR BROADCAST 2-4-2005

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

Quote:
5R110 Transmission Update (04B24 and 05B27)
Date: Friday, February 4, 2005
Time: 2:00 – 3:30pm (ET)
Channel: 101
Host: 11
Description: This broadcast will provide the latest repair information on two current 5R110 transmission issues – planetary pin walk out and low/reverse snap ring replacement.

Despite our malfunctioning Fordstar system at the dealer I was able to see much of the broadcast between rebooting the earth server every 10 minutes. Posted Image If you caught it you were able to ask questions to the panel that looked like a herd of deer caught in our headlights. There were a few direct questions asked about labor operations, units out of the build dates failing and how to actually repair those units. I must admit that this was my first viewing of a broadcast in a very long time and I was not impressed with the handling of some of the questions. I guess I can understand that all of this is happening amid all of the 6.0 Liter turmoil and the first transmission recall being issued and now a second!

Did you know that we have a parts availability issue? Posted Image

One good thing I can say was the clarification on the snap ring issue on which vehicles were affected what snap ring to use per application and the proper installation procedure. In areas where the panel had prepared information to share I thought it was done well but to be honest, I don't think that it covered anything that has not already been presented to us on the PTS web site. The interactivity makes the broadcast without question. I will be tuning in more frequently for sure.