'08 Cluster updates

Rate this topic

Cetane

Do you guys know what part number(14C026) you are installing when you update the cluster on a J1 '08 SD? I have a fleet of trucks built early Nov '06 and it is time to update the IC/PCM/TCM. The PCM/TCM updates are updating fine but the only update I can find for the IC will install but then the message center gives me a "No configuration" message and a bunch of codes so I have to backdate it to the original level. I dont have access to an IDS to see what the updated cal # is. Thanks

I tried that method but these are all pre-production trucks, they dont show up as valid vin numbers in any system. I was hoping somebody could look through the calibration file folder for IDS and tell me the suffixes that they have for the trucks(8C3T-14C026-??). I appreciate the response though.

I have been pretty transparent on the boards for a few reasons. I moved to another new position which is keeping me really busy. Also I am still a little weary about posting too much because my employer has infiltrated this site and they are still looking to get rid of people. That said if there were questions I could help with I would still post as much as I could.

I am not sure what calibration files you are referring to but if I look at some vehicle session log files I come up with "IC Part Number=(8C3T_10849_RG) and (8C3T_10849_GG)

I know IDS displays module numbers during the reprogramming process, I believe these numbers to be those. Is this what you are looking for?

Those are the physical IC part numbers. There should be a folder called C: program files/ford motor company/calibration files or something close to that. It is the same folder the as built data from PTS tells you to save some text file to(dont know what the reason is for that). In that folder there should be some 8C3T-14C026-XX files. Probably AD and BD suffixes but there may be some C* and D* as well. Thanks

Thank you. That file combo is an interesting mix, must not be too many cluster updates out there. Does IDS tell you what file you are installing? Do you have the ability to see what file is currently installed(any module)?

• 4 weeks later...