DT466 No Start

Rate this topic

Bruce Amacker

I think it's a one in a million situation where sabotage from molasses or sugar in the tank clogged the fuel system. I think this also aggravated a carbon/cold run/ poor lube condition. He was using straight 40W, which is way too heavy for the type of use. The intake valves were all seized in the guides a few months ago, along with rings stuck in the pistons at 18K. The ring problem was caused from heavy carbon buildup, but I'm not sure what causes the valves hanging besides "cold stacking". I doubt I will ever see a stranger case study.

He knows the importance of a oil analysis to find the root cause, but with the border problems, I'm not holding my breath.

Wow.

Bruce first and foremost get him into 15W40 and stay there!!! Second have them run the trucks with a load, Don't kill them a second time, before there time!!!

Bruce just off hand what did he pay for the o/haul parts? P/M me if it feels better to do that.

By the way I'm still up to going there to oversee the maint. of the trucks....

Bruce need a vaca. anytime soon?

Quote:
He knows the importance of a oil analysis to find the root cause, but with the border problems, I'm not holding my breath.

Bruce my offer is still good if he has some of the original oil left I think I can get a sample bottle to him and back to me.

Quote:
Hey guys, I wonder if they're paying sign on bonuses? All I can think of is those Corona beer commercials with the guy on the beach. Wouldn't that be the coolest place to work?

Bruce if they feed us and a little spending money I'm in, think about it sitting on the beach with a couple of Corona's watching the sun rise or set. I'm 100% in!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/drinkingdude.gif