Truck bed temperature

Rate this topic

The IDS recommends not to touch the truck bed because it may be hot during regen. Has anyone ever monitored the temperature of certain areas in the bed to see how hot it may get. Gee you could put your groceries in the bed and have dinner ready by the time you get home!

But it's OK to touch the turbo's, pipes and exhaust manifolds? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/scratchhead.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif How about the heated seats? They could really burn someones ass when those elements give out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/flamethrower.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smhair.gif I haven't actually checked it out but now you've got me curious. Hmmm a new form of radiant heat for the shop.

What will they warn us about next?

Sorry to highjack the thread buut......has anyone read the warnings they give us on the back of oil bottles. "Used oil can cause skin cancer on cantact". So that brings me to this question: do you wash your hands before or after you go to the washroom? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif I wash Mine before and after. Don't need any valuables to fall off. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Dwayne I love your avatar!!! That thing rocks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif

I'm just suprised Keith hasn't outlawed it!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/scratchhead.gif

Oh yeah radiant heat, I think we need a new thread started. I'm sure that Keith,Jim and Bruce will have something about this topic.

What can I say? I am always trying in some way to make everyone laugh. I hope everyone laughs! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I have had that Avatar kickin around for quite some time. I just wasn't sure if it would offend anyone or not. But I think most of everyone on this site knows what I'm like by now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/icon_crazy.gif

I think you're talking about the warning that comes up when you go to do a manual regen. It also tells you to open the hood. Maybe the manual regen generates excessive heat. Maybe there are different forms of regen, one while driving and one at idle.

I ran two manual "regens" today on two different trucks each lasting around 45 minutes. I didnt have any instrumentation in the bed but with the ambient temp around 0C and a thin layer of snow in the bed it took almost 30min to get the bed warm enough to melt the snow. I wouldnt worry too much about it.