Diesel related story on the local news

Rate this topic

The local weekend news coverage just ran a story about this catalyst product. Emissions Technology The story that they had showed a couple pieces of equipment at a local construction company, the machine that had the product had no visible smoke from the exhaust, similar machine without product had typical plume of black smoke when revved.

According to the website it reduces emissions, extends engine life and reduces fuel consumption. Their cost evaluation uses $2.00/gallon for fuel, so the savings would be even more with today's prices. I haven't priced red fuel lately but if Highway fuel is running about $3.30 I would expect off-road to be almost $3.00.

I wonder what the down side is?

I switched to another station, they were running a story about a guy with an on-board bio-fuel still. He was about to travel to BC and then east trying to raise awareness of bio. I seriously doubt that the awareness includes failed expensive componants (and no warranty coverage), jelled fuel or plugged filters.

It looks like it is completely different; the urea injects amonia into the exhaust, The Emission Tech catalyst injects platinum into the intake. It wasn't clear to me how much boost it would tolerate. I wouldn't think that it would be injected upstream of the turbo, so it would be on the pressure side and need a pump that was able to make more pressure than the boost.

It looks like they have added the news story on their Home page, I see the channel 4 newscaster's picture there. My work computer doesn't have a media player, I'll have to check it out with my PC.