08C01 Clamp Kit

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I just ran into a problem. The 08C01 seat back recall that uses a clamp kit used to come in a white and blue box with TWO individually packaged and labeled clamps. The recall calls for ONE KIT. I had to order a few kits for stock units and they finally arrived but instead of a box with two clamps, they all came as individual clamps with the kit number on the label. In order to perform the recall we need to charge out two but the recall states to use one. Anyone run into this?

Oh for cryin out loud!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

I re-read the damn recall... had to three times because i cant concentrate in this friggin place!!!!

You are right, only one clamp per seat, inboard side. Sometimes I am a complete moron.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/boink3.gif

Don't think about it too long fellas, it only pays 0.3 hrs. I spent that amount of time on my first one looking for it on the lot then dealing with parts. Ended up doing the actual repair on my own time. Ford has lost there mind on this one.

Don't think about it too long fellas, it only pays 0.3 hrs. I spent that amount of time on my first one looking for it on the lot then dealing with parts. Ended up doing the actual repair on my own time. Ford has lost there mind on this one.

I couldn't agree more. Once again, Ford has failed to notice that we actually have to bring the vehicles inside, get the parts, do the job, park the vehicle and fill out the RO... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/boink3.gif

ISNT THAT RECALL FOR THE DRIVERS SEAT ONLY? THOUGHT IT SAID INBOARD DRIVERS SEAT ONLY. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

It does say that. In my haste I failed to sit down and take the minute and a half to carefully read the recall instructions. I must be "para-reading" or something. Picking out words like inspect welds, install clamp... there are a couple of "pairs" of images showing front and back views of the seat and if you are skimming and not paying attention you can assume there are to be two clamps installed. Apparently I am not the only one who did not carefully read...