A Ford Engineer Threatening my Buddie's Warranty

Rate this topic

Tony302600

I got a call from my buddy and it went a little like this.

"Hey, My truck is at (censored dealername) and a Ford engineer just yelled at me like a little kid and tried to void my warranty because of the Bank's intercooler/top hat/exhaust on my truck.

Me: "what?"

Buddy: "the truck is chugged and surging ever since they put a turbo and EGR valve on the truck, smokes like crazy...It was at the dealer, i was showing the tech how much it smokes ever since their repair, and 2 guy's come walking over, looking under the hood, told me "sound's like you have a problem," saw the bank's stuff on their, took my VIN # down, saw that my truck was in a couple of recalls, and told me "looks like you've been at the dealer A LOT, probably because of you aftermarket intercooler and exhaust, you better take it off or I will void your warranty. I'm a engineer for Ford and I have the power to do that. We are here to help with another concern on a lincoln." in a very snotty manner."

Me: (silence)

So this is how some Ford engineer's treat customer's with just a banks INTERCOOLER and EXHAUST. No PCM mod's, nothing. The only other time his truck was in, was for the Tran's recall, 05s34, 05e15, and he had a high pitch squeel noise no dealer could figure out til I found the Y-pipe gasket was leaking.

WHAT AN ASSHOLE. I've NEVER spoken to an engineer that was this big of an asshole. Thanks for letting me Vent!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tony, you can tell your buddy to relax. The engineer is wrong. He doesn’t have the power to cancel the warranty, only the authority. The warranty can only be canceled if the aftermarket equipment is proven to be the cause of the concern. And before that decision can be made the cause of the concern must be known (which it’s not). Bill Ford III himself cannot cancel the warranty based only on the fact that there is aftermarket equipment present.