False Code 372 After Reflash

Rate this topic

I reflashed a 2006 LCF for the cold starting concern, reprogramming was successful. Truck runs much better at cold start now. Also replaced the STC fitting...

Now the check engine light is on, active code 372 - "fuel pressure below minimum specification." Say what? Yeah, it's not in the PCED either. I contacted engineering and they wrote back "Keith, the 372 code is currently under investigation. Engineering will contact you for further assistance on this concern."

Anybody see this before? OASIS shows a few things about codes after programming but not this particular one. Is Navistar having fun with us?

Here's the poop. I contacted Engineering and they asked if I had replaced the engine or if this was simply a re-flash. Apparently the 2008 trucks and all replacement engines are now equipped with fuel pressure sensors that turn the check engine light on if fuel pressure is too low which is a great idea in my opinion... BUT! when you re-flash a truck you don't get an option to program according to whether or not the truck has the sensor - they all get the new calibration. So, needless to say, if you don't have the sensor this is going to happen to you!

I was told that "they" are devising a plan to correct this by the end of the week. (holding my breath) I was told they will call me when they decide what to do, either an new calibration or an upgrade kit that installs the sensor and wiring. I'd bet on the re-flash as it would be the cheapest route but since that requires Ford and Navistar to work together I have some doubts. I will post the outcome when I have one.