New EGR valve?

Rate this topic

Dale Lakin

Started to do some price comparing on the 6.0 EGR valve and see if Navistar was any cheaper and I think I discovered a supercession that hasn't happened yet.

Navistar #

1840917C91 which is the equivilant of 3C3Z9F452AC

has superceded to

1846491C91 which is Ford # 4C3Z9F452A

None of this is updated in DOESII yet but I expect it will be soon.

Pricing went up again too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shrug.gif

It is cheaper thru Ford by $20

No real reason to point this other than the 3C3Z-AC is on Backorder and the 4C3Z-A showed stock so if your waiting on one might check the other #

You know Dale, come to think of it, I am positive I read somewhere (at work or on an OASIS) that there was a different EGR valve for some earlier build trucks. I do remember a Hot Line Engineer telling me that the 2005 EGR valve was supposed to have been improved in some way. Unfortunately as a tech I rarely pay very close attention to part numbers. I still have my suspicions about a recall or a TSB too!

You know Dale, come to think of it, I am positive I read somewhere (at work or on an OASIS) that there was a different EGR valve for some earlier build trucks. I do remember a Hot Line Engineer telling me that the 2005 EGR valve was supposed to have been improved in some way. Unfortunately as a tech I rarely pay very close attention to part numbers. I still have my suspicions about a recall or a TSB too!

Your correct there are 2 different ones.

03-04 Model=4C3Z9F452A (at least it will be soon I suspect)

05-UP Model=5C3Z9F452AA

Curious if the 05 would work on a 03-04?? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif