roush superchager nightmare

Rate this topic

2006 mustang gt that I put a charger on,it leaks oil on the intake and puts lean codes

for both banks,I can find an air leak(have smoke tested),my fuel trim at idle is 10 and 12% long and short jumps around -3 +3%,roush has told me to put washer under the blower bolts because the intake may have not been drilled deep enough,just replaced the blower as per roush and the air intake tube as it was weak and not sealing,I get freeze frame data it shows fuel trim at 24% for long,does anyone have more experience on this stuff,I am not the best at gas diag and roush is really hard to get

a hold of,does anyone have any suggestions what I should be looking for?

ya it got flashed by roush,I talked to them and tryed to get info on what the fuel trims

should be but they did not want to tell me to much,don't really know were to go with this one?

Well then how are you supposed to service their product? My dealer has a lot of Roush cars and even two stage two F150 4X4's and one of those Nightmare F150s. Some have been sitting in the lot for well over a year. We haven't had any engine or performance issues with the ones we have sold.

Maybe you should ship the vehicle to Roush for service and charge them for the shipping. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif I would be livid if they gave me piss poor support. Maybe Jack considers sharing fuel trim information "intellectual espionage."

Your short fuel trim should be around +/- 6%. They will usally go a little positive and then a little negative. The closer to zero the better. This is the fuel correction that the pcm is doing to get the vehicle in fuel control. If it stuck at 10% then it is running too lean. it could be a vaccum leak, low fuel pressure, an air leak after the MAF sensor but before the throttle plate, ect... Your long fuel trim should usally be no higher than about 10-12%. Agian the closer to zero the better. If your short trims are +/-3% and your long is 10-12%, then at the moment it is working fine. I see two things that are common for when this problem is intermitent. The first is when the vehicle is started cold and the intake manifold is leaking vaccum (and sometimes coolant too) and then seals up after running for a couple minutes. The second is fuel pressure under load . You can have great pressure when idling, but if it drops below spec when you are accelerating you will get this problem. 1 other thing. Monitor your O2 sensors while driving. Go to WOT and your O2 sensors should go to at least .8v pretty quickly and stay there when at WOT. If your O2 voltage is less than .8v, then the engine is unning lean.

I have no experience with Roush products by the way and I usally don't work on Mustangs. Good luck.

thanks for the input,I replaced the blower as per roush and when I was doing it I found one of the intake elbow bolt has oil all through the threads and it looked like it was leaking? I re seal the lower intake put thread sealer on the intake elbow, replaced all blower gaskets,I road tested this thing 3 different times and over 60 km (37 mile),no check engine light,I hope this is the end oh and you think Ford warrenty sucks roush payed me 2.0 hours to replaced the blower and check the lower intake manifold for flat,nice!