6.4L Twin Turbo

Rate this topic

Have heard some news on the new motor-6.4L twin turbo-anybody else hear anything?

Lets strap another turbo on to an engine that is already almost impossible to work on.

Hope they really learned their lesson from the 6.0 and used a different block(probably not) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/boxing.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/puke.gif

I was looking around of the PTS site the other day and they had a great write up on the 06 LCF 4.5L V6 PSD. That engine has a dual stage twin turbo on it. I am wondering if this is the same setup the 6.4L will use.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif

The 6.0 Info update I watched today, addressed many injector concerns with the present 6.0. It was interesting that they made special note of common rail injection on the 07' model and that this system will be elimnating most of the problems associated with the present injectors. So I guess we can lay that rumour to bed.

Well I first heard about it when I was in parts,they already have a category for parts listing on the 6.4,and as I was just at the training center and they confirmed the rumor,we are in for a change coming in 07 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hitthefan.gif and also an Allison/Ford trans deal