Ya gotta love customers..

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

The "victim" is an 04 F550.... toolboxes, picker, steel deck... this truck could go on a diet....

Several lines on the RO...all written like a customer praying for warranty. One line complains of a noise at 70ish mph and another line complains of "grinding noise in the front".

Oh, yeah... we definitely have grinding but the front of the truck appears to have back up lights. Rear brakes are metal on metal with one caliper getting ready to puke it's guts.

Are you ready???? Customer says he'll fix the brakes later.... all I need to do is drive it at 70 mph and find his noise.....

I quietly reinstalled his wheels and parked it outside.

• 2 weeks later...

Next Victim is a 2005 F350 6.0L in for lack of power and check engine light on and black smoke. I was leaning toward a stuck VG Turbo but the PP tests, visual inspection and the "Magnet Test" indicated that it was good. Along with a severely coked-up EGR valve and EBP sensor and tube the Catalytic converter is clogged causing many sensor issues.

The truck has 802 miles on it with 654 hours on the engine hour meter which calculates to approximately 21,600 miles driven. All this truck does is idle from 8 in the evening to 7 the next morning every day as a security vehicle at a Honda dealer. I think they bought the wrong vehicle! Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

The catalytic converter finally came in so I performed the open 05B27 recall and replaced the cat at the same time. Plugged solid! It was noticeably heavier than the new one too - I guess it was converted into a carbon canister!!! Posted Image

Sorry fellas, couldn't help myself!

Somehow I "scored" a Chev K3500... customer is top heavy with Ford products and decided we can fix their Chevys, too.

A broken centerbolt is the concern but I look around. Rear caliper slides are siezed, inner brake pads are pooched... the 8.1 needs to be boosted all the time and it barely idles (this is an 02 "truck").

Bearing in mind that this IS a one ton and it IS a 4X4.... how could I get high centered backing it off my 4 post hoist?