EGR VALVE

Rate this topic

Dale Lakin

Don't know if any of you have had trouble getting EGR valves recently but it looks as though Ford has finally got something going.

PART #: 4C3Z 9F452A ENG #: 4C349F452AA

PART NAME: VALVE ASY - MODULATO DATE OFF B/O: 06/02/05 B/O RANKING: 1

DATE MERCHANDISER REMARKS

1. FILL EM-ORDS FROM: HVC'S UPON RECEIPT

2. CAUSAL DESCRIPTN1: SUPPLIER CAPACITY

3. CAUSAL DESCRIPTN2: UNANTICIPATED DEMAND

4. 4/28/05 BO'S RUNNING APPROX 2-3 WEEKS UNTIL FILLED.

5. 5/12/05 3601 IN TRANSIT TO HVC'S Q5E

6. 5/12/05 1965 IN TRANSIT TO PACKAGER Q5E

Yes, EGR valves have been hard to get and my parts dept. won't stock them for some reason. When I need one I have to order it and upgrade it and I might see it the next day depending on when I ask for it. Early enough in the day and I see it late the next day from Fed Ex. Is there something that prevents us from ordering these for stock or is my parts not workin with me?

we try and keep 2 in stock at all times along with 5 EBP sensors. with EGR valves on and off back order status all the time we dont give them up to other dealers. last i heard from my parts manager there was more EGR valves on back order then they had ready to ship to dealers

Yes! You were right Dale, Our stock order was filled this week and just in time, I needed two today. This is apparently a new part? It supersedes all 2004 and 2003 EGR valves? These had a plastic bar code sticker and a new type of valve-to-manifold gasket. Let us hope this is a better valve but I don't think that is going to solve the excess carbon build up on these things. I am starting to think that EGR on a diesel is not going to stand the test of time unless "they" can clean up the combustion a lot. Supposedly, removing sulfur from fuel is going to clean up a lot of the soot.