test question #2

Rate this topic

No... from what is written we must assume that (during the KOEO On Demand test) EGR minimum stop position is read, the valve is cycled and minimum stop position verified when the valve returns to the at rest or closed position. Clearing KAM simply removes any adaptive or learned strategy from memory without actually performing any test functions. FWIW, if we were to clear KAM, we would then need to perform a KOEO (not to mention a VGT learn for the EBP delete engines).

Personally, I would like to see Ford release at least an overview of module strategy rather than have us find out some of the finer points the hard way or bury this stuff in sections of the manual where few techs venture...

Bottom line, we are at that point where there is just too much shit to remember.... one must keep personal notes and memory joggers and constantly refer to manuals in order to ensure the proper procedure and technique.... IIRC, you ain't no spring chicken yourself and looking in the manual can "feel odd" - I mean we all knew v8s were 32 degrees dwell, plugs were 35 thou and "lean best idle" worked like a champ.

Personally, I would like to see Ford release at least an overview of module strategy rather than have us find out some of the finer points the hard way or bury this stuff in sections of the manual where few techs venture...

Maybe we need to publish "Grampy Jim's Book of Good To Know Stuff."

Originally Posted By: Jim Warman

Maybe we need to publish "Grampy Jim's Book of Good To Know Stuff."

+1 On the book. I have one of those pretty much compiled. But it's all stored in a folder on the desktop of a computer that no longer fucking works.

But it's all stored in a folder on the desktop of a computer that no longer fucking works.

That sucks!

You are helping me decide that it is (way past) time to have an external hard drive for backup. I have been waiting for the prices to keep dropping but they are already fairly cheap, especially considering the cost and inconvenience of recovery.

Yeah, and dont back shit up on a flash drive, either, because there's now several files i JUST PUT ON THE DAMN THING THAT I CAN'T ACCESS!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

While I do have notes scattered across several computers and CDs squirrelled away here and there, I find that age has it's benefits.... I have yet to come across error messages like "Cannot open duotang" or "Cannot access looseleaf binder".

While I do have notes scattered across several computers and CDs squirrelled away here and there, I find that age has it's benefits.... I have yet to come across error messages like "Cannot open duotang" or "Cannot access looseleaf binder".

LOL. Quiet you /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif