Dodge Cummins Turbo Flush

Rate this topic

The Diesel tech on the Dodge side of my shop had a 2007 in that was all carboned up top to bottom, EGR, Turbo and plugged DPF. One of the things Dodge had him do was drill a hole in the turbine housing and install a plug where a decarbonizing fluid could be injected. It was water based but thats all he could tell me. The new turbos supposedly have a new housing with a hole in the casting with a plug in it.

The Diesel tech on the Dodge side of my shop had a 2007 in that was all carboned up top to bottom, EGR, Turbo and plugged DPF. One of the things Dodge had him do was drill a hole in the turbine housing and install a plug where a decarbonizing fluid could be injected. It was water based but thats all he could tell me. The new turbos supposedly have a new housing with a hole in the casting with a plug in it.

Do their turbos have a VGT system and if so, are the seizing up like ours?

Quote:
Do their turbos have a VGT system and if so, are the seizing up like ours?

Yep, It doesn't matter what brand Garrett,Holset,BW,Schwitzer if its VGT/VNT and EGR there all having problems. Maybe not as extreme as one another but still having coking problems.

• 7 years later...

I have a 6.7 ISB in a Ram that had low power and is setting a P2262(Stored) P226C(Active) As of now it seems to run fine 26 PSI of boost. Anybody have any insight on using the Turbo cleaner, does it work, do I need the special hose???

This may be in the wrong place.

I've noticed, 6.0, 6.4, 6.7 all have EGR system and carboning issues, depending on type of use and so does the Cummins.

One I have noticed, the few we deal with, the 6.6 Isuzu Duramax, I've never seen an EGR cooler issue or turbo issues as on the others.  Even ones that have had failed water pumps that drain the whole motor.  Those have blown head gaskets, but the cooler is still ok.

Makes one wonder if Isuzu is pulling a VW with them.  Disabling the EGR system off test cycle.  Older VW diesels used to plug up the entire intake and EGR cooler regularly, then suddenly, no more...