Fixing the Customers!

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I was making my rounds to all of the Internet diesel sites that I frequent and I came across another brilliant post by our own Jim Warman to which I dared not chime in considering the unruly bunch at that site. I am getting tired of being jumped all over by ignorant, stubborn people whom I'm just trying to help out.

Quote:
You don't get to ask.... any flash you get will be to the latest calibration available.

What I don't understand.... someone gets a reflash and doesn't like the results... they swear they will never have another flash performed.... notwithstanding that a newer flash might fix what the last flash screwed up.....

Am I the only one that sees the lack of logic???

Perhaps on that forum you might be in the minority there but I do agree with you. It seems that it's time to start fixing our customers and get them to understand this too. Posted Image I guess we have to develop our own "truck side manner" and teach these people that it's not all about what they are losing rather it's what they are gaining in the long run... even if it takes a few tries along the way. I don't always think that the best person to be talking to a diesel owner is the Service Advisor's or even the managers.

The diesel truck owner is a unique breed and usually need to be treated uniquely. They want to know more than most people do about their vehicles and their engines. The logical place for them to get that information is the technicians in the service bays. These people are so starved for information they will believe almost anything they are told or read which ultimately makes our job harder in the long run.

Personally, I have stopped arguing with people on these Internet sites. The smart ones who want to learn and will listen find me one way or another. Those have been the most intelligent communications that I have had. I am sure that some of you have had similar experiences. I think this should also be a part of our jobs in the service departments as well.

I am getting tired of putting out fires caused by someone Else's bad advice or misinformation! How many times have you heard "The Salesman said..." or "my buddy said..." or "I read in the Internet last night ..." and just could not believe your ears? Posted Image

Quote:
The Salesman said..."
You said a mouthful. If I had a dollar for every time I have heard that one!

Quote:
Personally, I have stopped arguing with people on these Internet sites.
Why do you bother with them in the first place? I have seen a lot of your posts on the diesel stop and I know that you are giving straight answers and good advice but most of these people just want to argue and wouldnt know the truth if you smacked them in the head with it. I have never seen such a bunch of back end engineers and owners trying to defraud us, the dealers and Fords warranty. The topper is they refer to us as HACKS!

BTW I am assuming that you are the same forddoctor? Sorry if I am wrong!

Yes, I am the same Ford Dr. and I can't help it. I'm hooked. I just hate it when people ask for help and they get bad information. Besides, I actually have learned a thing or two snooping around the Internet so I tend to want to give back. And if this site ever gets busy I will not have time for the shade tree guys that call us hacks. They aren't the ones I reply to any way.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with you entirely.

What I would like to fix is the oil leak problems....tell them"It's a diesel,it's suppose to leak"....lol