Well, it happened..

Rate this topic

DamageINC

That E-van ambulance I just long-block'd took it's toll on me apparently.

My lower back is *shot*, at the ripe old age of 26. I -no joke- almost couldn't walk on Sunday morning. It was frightening, to be honest, I wasn't sure what was going on.

This all goes back to the initial injury suffered back in May when I long block'd, oddly enough, an E-van school bus. During the job I developed some lower back pain but didn't think much of it and my SM just told me to hammer ibuprofen before looking into a workers comp thing. Sounded fair to me, It wasn't debilitating or anything.

The pain came and gone from that point, but over the last week it got tremendously worse and this weekend, reached a level I'm not happy about. So, as for this week, I'm out of work for sure. Maybe longer, I can't return unless I'm 100% because they don't want it coming back. Plus,they want me to get physical therapy. Fix Me Right The First Time, I guess.

Ahhhh, but at least I have that big, juicy paycheck to look forward to as a reward for all the time I have into that thing, right? Lol...

Dave

Sometimes I swear that everyone has their own triggers for illness and injury. No surprise many of us have or will have back problems. I have had my bouts going back to my early twenties. I have had chronic neck problems and lower back pain on three separate incidents. I discovered that I always messed up my back removing and installing wheels and tires. The 16" steel wheels on Econolines and F-Series being the main offenders. I have learned to respect them and have not had many issues with my back since dealing with wheels and tires properly. For me this means removing the lug nuts and lowering the truck. With the wheels an inch from the floor I pull them off and roll them away.

I hope you feel better. I hated not being able to move. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

My advice is to see a chiropractor . I'm not sure where you live, but I used to see one in Lake Zurich.

I can PM you if you are interested.

I hope your back feels better soon.

My advice is to see a chiropractor . I'm not sure where you live, but I used to see one in Lake Zurich.

I can PM you if you are interested.

I hope your back feels better soon.

+1 I was out for a month then put on light duty work in the truck shop. Chiroprator helped me 100%.

I'm always afraid that one of them guys might do something he can't turn the clock back on....

One thing that has been made painfully evident in my life (in more ways that one) is that the devil I do know can be much nicer than the devil I don't...

Besides, I always react a little more kindly when I'm feeling a little pain /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Never been to a back cracker, always been muscle strains with me.

Tip #1 Rice sock take a sock fill with uncooked rice(white) tie off end and put in microwave for 1/2-1 min at a time. Becarefull it will get hot. Cheap heating pad that is comfortable.

Tip #2 Beer and beg Doc for pain meds. Makes you happy, helps lower stress level, back feels better, so you can move, which helps #3.

Tip #3 For lower back muscle pulls, your hips make all the difference, as soon as pain level allows you, lay on floor and rotate hips. Do this to prevent as well, alternate feet on a chair while standing, uses all lower back muscles. Muscle pulls often feel like bone grinding injury but are not. Walking helps a lot, do it at work when in bad positions, stop and walk around the shop. If they give yuo any shit, ask them how much money you make them out on comp.

Best Tip #4 Go to a spa and get deep tissue massages from a wenchie massuse. Only time wifey lets other girls rub me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

I have been out of commision enough over the years and I feel your pain, I have not had any problems since paying for rubbin's