no start cold loose mini fuse?

Rate this topic

I have one that is intermittently a no start when cold.Once had a p2614 of 2617.Can't remember.Cleared those codes a while back.I know the tsb concerning loose mini fuses can cause a no start.This morning would not start.It finally started,but ran poorly and smoked for a few minutes.The temp was right at freezing.Got into shop and runs good.Checked mini fuse and found number 18 mini fuse a little loose,but wiggling had no effect.The warmer the truck gets the tighter the fuse seems.This is an 05 f-250 with 98k miles.It also looks there has been dirt on top of all relays and fuses in box.My question is has anyone seen this on a very cold morning,or does this sound fimilar.

I agree with cbriggs here as it does sound like the FICM cold start syndrome. I have had a couple of "loose fuse" problems and they were off the wall. Since you moved the fuse around it is not likely you problem in my opinion.