'09 Crown Vic PI wiring..

Rate this topic

Fredsvt

I hope someone can tell me, our local Ford store isn't of help with this.

Our local township has got 8 '09s that the officers are complaining of only rear radio speakers working.

They have speakers and wiring in the doors, but have NO front speaker wiring at the connector to the radio.

I have 4 wires for the rear speakers and no more. The harness wasn't touched by the conversion company and the pins were never in the shell.

I searched and none of the service info for '09 shows a different harness for the CVPI.

We are going to be getting the connector pigtail to swipe out the pins and run wires to the connectors that go into the pillars. Unless someone can tell me different.

TIA

I would guess that the cars weren't ordered with any kind of upgrade radio package and that this would not constitute a "misbuilt" car.

Interesting note.... (not sure about 09s) - SuperCabs could be had both with and without roll down windows in the supercab door. If you take a truck without this option and remove the trim panel, you will see a window regulator, motor and wiring.

Building every door one way appears to cost less than keeping track of several different versions.

I believe, but can't be sure, the parts guy at the Ford store we get our parts from has been in contact with someone at Ford. Maybe not the hot line. Not sure though.

I got the wiring pigtail today for the radio and of course all the pins are filled, but I think we should be able to easily give them what they want.

Either way, the cops themselves are bringing us the cars as they can and paying for it out of their pockets.

The municipality is firing all non-union employees due to the union refusing to accept either pay cuts or contribute to their health care plans. The budget's been cut so bad due to our inept state gov't that the firing are pretty much being forced.

The remaining union guys are also on a work slow down and won't bring the cars to Ford or work on any municipal vehicles at the moment.

If all the pins on the back of the radio have wires.... what can I say? I was going to come up with a real insult involving three guys in Ottawa and the desire to add wires to spots that don't exist... but I'm not sure how well it might fly....

I will say that if the solution looks "easy", I'm not sure you understand the problem - I have lived by this and other "saws" for many years.

At the same time.... leaving a speaker in a door for no reason pales in comparison to leaving a window track, regulator, motor and wiring in a door for no reason....

Please let us know the outcome of this adventure.

• 7 months later...

They come unconnected in some police vehicles.Wires are run but not connected to radio and has something to due with the 2 way radio in these cars.If im not mistaken they have concern with officers not being able to hear there 2 way radio if they are listening to the factory stereo at an elevated volume.I have hooked up many for the officers in our area.Just pin out the connectors at the radio.

I believe that they did have the municipal garage find the wiring and hook up the front speakers.

There was some argument between the officers and the shop there. It apparently took a few months to get all the newer cruisers fixed.

We couldn't do the repair as we aren't a union contracted municipal shop as per their manager and the township administrator.

Funny though, we do quite a bit of work for the local firehouse with their smaller vehicles. The rigs go to the municipal garage.

Makes no sense to me.

There was some argument between the officers and the shop there. It apparently took a few months to get all the newer cruisers fixed. We couldn't do the repair as we aren't a union contracted municipal shop as per their manager and the township administrator.

Another fine example of union intervention keeping things from getting done. Fred, what town was this anyway?

I would guess that the cars weren't ordered with any kind of upgrade radio package and that this would not constitute a "misbuilt" car.

Interesting note.... (not sure about 09s) - SuperCabs could be had both with and without roll down windows in the supercab door. If you take a truck without this option and remove the trim panel, you will see a window regulator, motor and wiring.

Building every door one way appears to cost less than keeping track of several different versions.

Reminds me of the Windstars of a few years ago without tilt steering. Seems all you needed to make the tilt work was a lever. The mechanism was in all of them, just not the lever. If you wanted factory tilt, it came as part of a package. Posted Image

Howell township. At least the officers we deal with are easy to get along with.

I don't even want to get into their building and zoning departments. What they're doing to the building's landlord is just awful.