Injectors in an E Series

Rate this topic

Been forever and a dogs age since I did one of these. Does anyone remember if number 3 comes out without all the fuss or am I loosening and removing mounts?

Seems to me in the past I was able to remove them w/o but CRS has set in.

BTW, I have not started yet, got a bunch of issues on this '99, just getting prepped.

Thanks,

Steph.

Remove the magnet from the old injector while it's still in the head. Remove the injector. Remove the magnet from the new injector and it will just fit in. Install the new magnet back on the new injector. No small parts will fall out.

Good Luck!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

If once upon a time you worked on gasoline engines, the old TFI module ratchet wrench works very well to remove the torx screws.

Yup, I still use that tool to remove the oil rail torx bolts with the proper bit. Wait, thats not it, I use the old ignition switch wrench, either way.

Thanks to both.

Seems like I used to remove the rockers so the injector could be turned and loosen the RS mount and used a prybar on the RS manifold to lift the motor just enough for the injector to clear but your way is much easier.

Thanks again!