turbo oil feed line

Rate this topic

I have an 09 f-350 with 54 km Harley,turbo noisey and oil coming out the tail pipe,the turbo has failed but why? so I called hotline and they told me that they have see a couple of these "Steve, We have seen this concern a few times. The most common cause is the banjo bolt for the oil feed line did not have enough holes drilled into it. There should be four holes (a drill bit from one direction makes to holes and turn the bolt 90 degrees another two holes)"

has anyone run into this befor? and are there other things that can block oil flow to the trubos?

I have an 09 f-350 with 54 km Harley,turbo noisey and oil coming out the tail pipe,the turbo has failed but why? so I called hotline and they told me that they have see a couple of these "Steve, We have seen this concern a few times. The most common cause is the banjo bolt for the oil feed line did not have enough holes drilled into it. There should be four holes (a drill bit from one direction makes to holes and turn the bolt 90 degrees another two holes)"

has anyone run into this befor? and are there other things that can block oil flow to the trubos?

Yes, i heard about this last year from the international engineer at teh very first roundtable meeting. He was telling us about there being a truck that kept seizing HP turbos within 10miles. By stroke of luck after 3 turbos the engineer found that a hole wasnt drilled into the bottom of the banjo bolt so the turbo wasnt being fed any oil. Crazy huh.

Tony H.