P0087

Rate this topic

p0087 all by itself. truck will stall then restart. drove 5 miles then stalled again and would not restart. towed in then fired up no issues. been running in my stall and around our shop for about an hour without issue. anyone having issues? Ive read the thread about the 0087 and 2291 but we do not have this cold weather all you guys are talking about. mid 70s here today! Posted Image so no gelling issues to worry about. Im thinking ICP sensor?? wiring to??

I don't know, but the engineer explained that a p0087 means that the pcm was having a hard time making fuel pressure. I can't remember by how much. my notes are at work. It is possible that it is related to the FRP sensor.

Is your fuel supply to the HP pump OK?

talked with hotline a bit and got some other repairs with just a p0087 present however it seems like its one of those catch all codes. could be anything and everything.

after some testing I have only 2.5 psi of erratic low pressure fuel so Im going to replace the pump and see what happens.

A couple of months ago when I had this codethe truck wouldn't go anywhere. It didn't stall just didn't want to go over 30 mph. High Pressure fuel was very erratic. Change the FRP sensor and everything was good. Test drove the vehicle and had no problems. Truck left and hasn't came back yet.

Well Im hoping I found the problem. after stil having issues getting low pressure fuel. If I took the supply line off and stuck it in a jug of diesel I could get proper fuel pressure I droped the tank(aftermarket transflow 34gal tank) and found they did not have the extensions on the pickup lines to avoid crimping the fuel lines on the truck. got with the body builder and found out they never installed them and the bill is going to be on them.

hope all is well once I get it back together. had to special order the fuel lines....