6.4l engine stand

Rate this topic

We have an rotunda/otc o14-00106 engine stand but from what I was told in training class this stand will not work with the 6.4l engine.Is this a fact and does anyone know if adapters are available for 6.4l.If this should have been listed under tool section I apologize.Any info appreciated.

Thanks for the response Keith.Training gave us a paper that says the OTC will not adapt to the 6.4l.The sheet lists a stand made by Norco I believe, that will fit the 6.0l and the 6.4l both.It is also cheaper than the OTC.Have you had to use an engine stand for the 6.4l at all yet?

The adapters showed up today that we ordered from the link I provided. The round bar stock on our older OTC stand is just a bit larger on the OD than the adapters ID. So no, it was not a direct fit. We sent the adapters to the local machine shop for a little ream job, but they aren't back yet. I see on the Rotunda catalog they have the same adapters under the part number 209-00154($312), but the engine stand is now supplied by Norco,too. I will have more info for you in a day or two on how it all comes out.

Our diesel engine stand was originally purchased with the 6.9 in mind.... It is the Rotunda and I don't have the model number handy.

However, the 6.4 adapter fit the shaft perfectly. A shop built tail support works for the other side.

Photopost isn't working right now....

• 2 months later...

looks just like the rotuna stand we have i dont think the boss is going to buy another one and just to find a place to store it looking in to just brackets and doing some mods..:)

Here's what we did... Posted Image

A few bucks worth of rectangle tuning, flat iron and cold rolled... And, or course, the 6.4 adapters.

If you want some better pics, let me know...