On The Job/Off The Job?

Rate this topic

ktmlew

I'm unemployed again! Not sure what they wanted/expected me to do. Turned 37.7 hours for two weeks and they were suprised i quit! I have some warranty time coming, maybe 20 hours? At the measly hourly rate they paid I needed to turn at least 50 hours a week!

Looking again! Posted Image

The shop I just left was at 14-16hr F/R but they had alot of customer pay work. I talked to another shop about 100 miles NW, not too far below Charleston, that couldn't believe the pay rate was that low as they were at 20-23hr F/R!

I'm waiting on my ASE recert results to come back as you must be an ASE Master to qualify for a teaching position. I suspect that will be the direction I try to go.

Any news on the new 6.0 recalls? Posted ImagePosted Image

Wow!! No wonder you guys are pissed all the time.

My little corner of the Great White North has a base wage of $28CA... a half buck a bubble and a buck an hour for making efficiency.

Lot's of retail, lots of steering and brakes. 50 - 60 hours a week (I could work 24/7 if I wanted).

Our two countries are, at the same time, so very alike and so very different.

• 3 weeks later...

Been too broke to go very far. Sold by motorcycle Sat to "finance" my travel expenses. Heading out today to do some looking around in NC. I sent an email to Nashville Diesel College inquiring about the teaching requirements for Tenn. Expect to hear something back in next couple of days.

Posted Image