Cat 3304 engine specs

Rate this topic

Buddy_M

Just wondering if anyone has a different number for torque specs for a Cat 3304NA engine. I'm rolling in mains & rods now and the specs I have written down list 30ft/lbs +90 for both mains and rods, for the 1/2" rods that sounds like its ok, but it just seems low for the main bolts(5/8").

Buddy

Got the mains and rods torqued first thing this AM and it was all my 3/4" impact could do for the last bit of that 90* turn on the mains. I got the spec from the AERA Pro-SIS torque spec book. They list either 30ft/lbs+90 or 40ft/lbs+90, I went with the first spec of 30+90. We'll find out after it's all put back together in a day or two and after a few machine hours how it holds together. It'll be nice because I'll get to break it in pushing some snow at my shop. Posted Image

The back story to this its in a 1970's Cat 920 loader, and it decided to swallow the head of the #3 intake valve and crack the piston in half when it decided to stick in the piston. 4 new cylinder kits, reman head, and a couple other parts later she's going back together slowly. Only wishin I would've had a working digital camera to get pictures of the damage...

Buddy