1994.5 - 7.3L Oil Pressure Adapters

Rate this topic

I have an early build 7.3L DI with the old style threaded high pressure oil lines. I used to have a block off and sensor adapter I rigged up to test the high pressure system...

Now I cannot find them. I know I lent them out! Posted Image

Is there now, or was there EVER block off tools made for these lines? I have the quick connect style but that obviously does me no good... unless I have to convert the truck over to the new fittings and lines...

Any advice? I have a P1212 that I do not want to throw parts at.

From my book:

Weatherhead 7897 is the adapter fitting to check the HP oil with a gauge at the head ports. Normal bias is ± 10%.

Thread is ½” NF with an o-ring, also known as 5/16” inverted male thread.

You will need to supply a gasket for the bottom of the fitting, a metal rimmed drain plug gasket works well.

I'm assuming it's a no-start, you're watching ICPV which is starting very close to .20v and not rising much, and the supply reservoir is full.

Pull the fittings out of the heads and block off one hose end at a time and try to start it. You can also apply air to the head port and listen for air leaks. If it acts the same with each side blocked off, it's not getting HP oil, like the IPR or HPOP is bad.

Does this help?

Posted Image

It's the block off tool I need help with. I get a little over 350 PSI - rises quickly to that too. ICPV KOEO is at 0.19 volts. I just need to be able to block off the heads and then dead head the pump... I still have my block off that I made. What I need is the other fitting that the sensor goes into so I can dead-head the pump and test the left head using the ICP sensor.

What a jackass I am. Posted Image

So that tool number is not listed anywhere (except the service manual and the diagnostic sheet) so I start looking around for adapters to make one. Not an easy thing to do with straight thread o-ring fittings apparently.

I figured that since there were no listings Rotunda/OTC wouldn't have it. Bad assumption. Don't give up on the catalog. Make the call and speak to a human.

My adapter set is on its way from Rotunda/OTC. $78 plus shipping.

Keith in the future keep in mind with the STORM fittings. Cummins has them available, they list them with the later B series blocks, they are STORM male to 1/8 pipe female. I'll try to find the numbers for you, I can't seem to find them right know.

Keith I found one of the numbers for the Storm Fittings. M10x1/8NPTF Cummins 3932302. I'll keep looking for the others. They have a M12 and M14 but I don't seem to be able to find the numbers. Old Timers is kicking in!!!!

• 2 weeks later...