Maxxforce 13 warranty engine

Rate this topic

Clark

....Anyone seen one yet? We got a Prostar in last week (hard start, i think) with only 16,905 miles on it, and I dont think this tech had even a full day into this truck before Interanational decided to send over a new engine because they wanted to "analyze" the old one themselves. Not just a short or long block either, but a full engine. Anyone seen International go this far yet? I know theyve been going nutty trying to keep an eye on how these engines are doing (anyone else having to send them back oil filters after services?), but is this really necessary?

Ill have pics tomorrow, and more info hopefully.

Anyone know the price tag on a complete Maxxforce 13? It didnt go through the parts dept., and my manager didnt do anything with it, so no one knows.

I dont work on international. But Caterpillar sent us a complete engine for a truck that came in with 16 miles on it with a spun number 2 rod. It was an 07 engine, I would guess one of our engines is probably in the neighborhood of 20,000-30,000. Warranty always want us to use the cheapes fix, and than sometimes. . . whammy they send you a complete engine because they want to see it. It is pretty obvious something happened during assembly to cause a failure that early in the engines life.

More info. Apparently the concern was no oil pressure. The tech found a ton of metal shavings in the oil filter and almost immediately, Int'l decided they wanted the engine back. Hes started pulling the engine out now (spent almost all day today fabbing up lifting brackets for it). Ill get some pics tomorrow.