Scorpion Drawing

Rate this topic

• 2 months later...

That must be a really old drawing, but the basics look right. I was reading that Duramax was going to make a V-6 with the same design. Intake on the outside, exhaust on the inside feeding directly to the turbo. Looking up at the truck from underneath looks weird because the manifolds are not there, so the heads look really tall.

Trans pan says TORQSHIFT 6 on it, if you rotate your screen.

Oil filter in the basement again, too! Posted Image

President of Ford Canada told me today when we were getting the President's award that that motor is supposed to get 20MPG

You Canadians must measure your fuel economy going downhill with a strong tailwind.....

LOL. I take it that you aren't getting that kinda mileage with your test bed unit. Not that I would expect these units to get that kinda mileage at all either.

On a side note, I know we talk different numbers in mileage quite allot due to the fact that we use imperial gallons up here as compared to your U.S gallons which is 4.546 liters vs 3.89 liters. lets not get Jim going on that French crap of liters per 100 km's either. I prefer the "NON GAY" language of English. It just makes it easier to communicate with the "HETEROSEXUAL" U.S tech hotline engineers.

Actually.... litres per 100kms isn't French crap... and I would expect that it is a measure that should be second nature to Canadians.

We have bought gasoline (or diesel) by the gallon since 1981... nearly 30 years ago.... Yet I see young'uns discussing miles (a measure they aren't familiar with) per gallon (another measure they aren't familiar with).

Where everyone screws up is in the conversions.... we're measuring distance in KMs... we measure gas in litres... yet, for some strange and inexplicable reason, people are hell bent on converting the litres to gallons - converting the KMs to miles and then using two imperfect numbers to arrive at what they believe is their fuel consumption.

The metric system isn't difficult to learn - hell, some of us old timers are even billingual to a great extent. Where the problem arises is peoples reluctance to embrace the system...

Quick!!!! What's the next fractional drill bit up from 15/64? What wrench size is next up from 19/32? (That's an old "Henry Ford" size... works out to 15mm ish). Atmospheric at sea level is 1 bar... 100kPa.... water freezes at 0 and boils at 100 - IT DOESN'T GET ANY EASIER THAN THIS!!!!