Turbo Guide PDF

Rate this topic

Hello all,

There is a turbo guide booklet that was sent along with the turbo transducer tool. This is where you remove the pipe plug on top of the turbo and install the transducer in it and attach it to the vmm and ids to see if the turbo is sticking.

I'm looking for the booklet that came with it. The booklet had some graphs in it that showed a sticking turbo as compared to a good turbo.

If anyone has the booklet, could you please upload it.

Thanks

I thought about it but...

Anyway, what he is looking for is the information that came with the VVT tester sensor to be used with the VMM correct?

If so I don't have it. Of couse, you do realize this information is in IDS when you run the VVT test along with all example graphics and so on.

Thanks all for the turbo manual.

I learned quite a bit from this website over the last few years.

In return, I have a few diesel booklets that I have not seen on this website or anywhere else. The 7.3 IDI manual, a ragged paper 6.9 manual (the 1983 6.9 glow plug electrical diagrams are priceless), and a 2000 F650/F750 7.3 manual, air suspension, rabs and a bunch of other training guides that other people throw out.

Problem is that I don't have a color scanner.

I'll try to get the diesel guides scanned somewhere then try to upload them somehow in the next few weeks...

I also have some copies of the early service manual dvd's if anyone is interested, the 92-96 and the 96-02.

I'll try uploading these to Rapidshare or something similar later...

Thanks

Bill

Thanks Bill. Anything you have that could be valuable I would be willing to add... to what looks like an expanding library in the Coffee Table Books page. We have a ton of stuff that is not there but I am thinking if it were someone would find a need for it. Check to see if any of the booklets you are offering are already there first. I have the IDI turbo book but if there is an older one for the 6.9L/7.3L IDI engines it would definitely need to be added. If you want you can mail any of these to me to digitize them and I will return them to you.

Just so you don't get stymied like I did... VVT testing the early turbo is no longer supported.. I don't recall seeing any announcement or such about this - but that don't mean much...

If I dig I bet I'll find it - not taunting you but I know it was put out there and you never could test 2003 turbos as I recall. As a matter of fact, I could swear it's on the VVT set up screen or the help screen in IDS. I used it last week.

Well.... that was a pretty good reply..... cut and paste gone wrong... If we look at the document that spawned this thread, we see that, at one time, the test was there to be had...

It is entirely possible that there was some sort of advice published that announced the change and I missed it... but most of you guys can just scan for the word diesel and disregard the rest.... I have to weigh many of the things we get in the way of broadcast messages and such as to their pertinance... that I miss as few as I do is quite remarkable.....

Hey Bill,

Ya know, I'd be interested in those early manuals. I figure one can never have too much info at hand. Well, maybe it's possible.....

I'll contact you later this weekend, if I can steal away for a minute or two, and we'll figure something out.