6.0l seized injector

Rate this topic

have an 03 6.0 changing # 7 injector hold down clamp loose but injector seized solid noticed hold down bolt loose when taking out tried lubricating tapping prying no room any suggestions, thanks

I had the same situation last summer on an '03 6.0. I removed the 2 bolts holding the top of the injector, then I welded a stud to it (cut the head off a bolt). I then re-installed the top of the injector, found a piece of steel long enough to reach both sides of the rocker carrier. I then drilled a hole so that the stud could come through, put a nut on it and made a little puller. Worked great!! Your are probably going to find extensive engine damage. The reason the injector is stuck is because the tip has become mushroomed. Once I got the injector out I pulled the head, the valves were imbedded into what use to look like a piston.

jeff, why were you changing injectors in the first place?mine is a runs rough cold start had 4,8,and 7 injectors dropping out,7 wasnt that bad but figured id better change it anyway.ill try your method thanks.

The Concern was cranks but won't start, upon performing relative compression test, cylinder #8 was at 3%. Removed valve cover, inspected area and it looked o.k. Tried to remove #8 glowplug, it would unthread but not come out (later upon removal of the head discoverd it was severly damaged), then tried to remove injector #8 no such luck. Hotline explained that the injector tip may have split causing it to be too wide to pass up thru the hole. I ended up replacing the engine and I handed the "modified injector" in for core. Warranty clerk never came to me and said Ford declined the core so I guess it went thru.

injector would not budge after removing a/c box for access,foreman told me to pull the head off

removed right side head had to pound injector out rusted badly to cup, checked history before and found out #7 injector had been changed 40k ago, improperly torqued i would assume, anyway head gaskets cooked so will change them as well, i havnt done head gaskets in awhile forgot how fun the 03s are and i just love staring at a fire wall all day