Runs rough during regen after re-program

Rate this topic

I have a customer coming in tomorrow that had a injector recall with a re-program done at another dealer. His complaint is that during regen at a stop the engine runs rough and surges.

He is also complaining that there is no message that comes up automaticly when it goes into regen.

His third complaint is that the regen lasts longer. He told me that he has a short 15 minute drive to work and it has been stuck in regen for two days. I told him that if that is the way the new software is, than that is how it is.

Anyway the truck is coming back in tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had any input on this.

Thanks

I would check oil level. Maybe an injector line leaking. As for the regen issue, it's going to go into regen until it is finished. Usually 15 minutes is not long enough and it will keep going into regen unless he goes on a longer drive for it to finish which is why the message tells the driver "drive to clean exhaust filter".