Thermoplastic Oil Pan

Rate this topic

Definitely. Ford makes the best truck, so why wouldn't they be jealous.

Dodge's puppy program is in full effect. You buy a new Dodge truck and you get a puppy with it, so you'll never have to walk home alone again.

Odds are, the lifespan of the dog is longer than the truck.

Sorry, I have a deep rooted hatred for Chrysler products.

Funniest thing i've heard all day.

Quote:
How would we diag it?

With a 5/8 wrench. Posted Image

Before I "came back" to Ford dealer service, the IDI was the last Ford diesel I could actually work on (HEUI sounded too much like "HUH").

I feel the need to remind the young'uns that there was a time when having a timing light put you on the cutting edge.... Diagnosing a concern is as easy as performing the appropriate test at the appropriate time

Hey, I designed those S-60 pan & rocker cover systems with the black gaskets! You can also tell the pan versions apart by the bolt/spacer/isolators, they are fully encapsulated on the new version vs. visible in the side cutouts on the old version. Dana (Plumley Div. in Paris, TN) made the sealing system for those new pans/rocker covers - same supplier as the 6.7!

LARRYATSTI: Side note....Detroit Series 60 has used plastic pans for years...Real bitch though, the original was replaced and the only way to tell if it is original or new style is the color/colour of the gasket, grey or black. I hope this is a real good design and a new version not needed otherwise it will be a bitch.