p0401

Rate this topic

early 04 f350 third time back with p0401 first time clogged egr ..replaced and clean hole and map fitting retest ok..cust drove 2 weeks light back on ..retest p0401 ..retest all is working fine ..contact hotline and was advised to monitor iat 2 and then clean it and retest ...iat 2 was clogged and did make a difference after cleaning ..one week later light back on p0401 ..i am leaning to possible turbo issue ..any hints or fixes for this ..it has had all the updates and recalls...any helppppppppppppppppppp greatly appreciated

MAF. Inspect it and replace if contaminated or even suspect contamination. I have been warned that cleaning them can leave a residue resulting in the concern continuing. I guess the sensor is just that sensitive.

Also, I had a customer with a check engine light on and a P0401 that we determined was caused by an AFE intake and a Banks 4" turbo-back exhaust. Thats the only time I have seen that code. I would also look for leaks in the intake system, before and after the turbo. My little 2¢

Like Keith says, make sure it has an OE air filter housing on it. I had one with an aftermarket performance air cleaner setting EGR codes as a result of turbulence on the MAF. Reinstalling the OE housing fixed it. MAF reading is critical to the PCM for determining EGR flow.

Tecanic: Has it had the 06E17 recall? I wonder how this affects this diag....

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...