Blown charge air cooler

Rate this topic

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif Not one, but TWO in the same day!!

Maybe this is a little more common in some of your high volume shops, but this is a first for us.

The first is an '03 dually, with a modded exhaust and the 06E17 was performed less than 2K miles ago! Blew when he was pulling a 5th wheel. Nearly took the passenger tank off the cooler! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

The second was an 05 dually, this time only blew a small section out, but still enough to turn the truck to a total slug. He actaually pulled the trailer back from PA after it blew! This truck is also modded - this time a K&N cold air kit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

I'm sure the mods are the root cause of the overboost, but I don't think it's sinking in to the powers that be (that be dealing with the screaming customer, that is) so the '05 is already warranty, and I have a feeling about the '03, too.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif (why does that graemlin get used so much in this topic /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )

I'm trying to upload the pics now....