08 Edge Coolant flush

Rate this topic

cbriggs

Has anyone had the pleasure of doing one of these under 09m05 program yet. What a b/s operation. It did actually work, but running battery acid thru a heater core at 150` should clean it out. I wonder what this shit does to the lifespan of a heater core and cooling system. I challenge the engineer that came up with this procedure to show how it can be done in 3.3 hrs ( with water pump feed pipe). It took me 5.6 hrs to complete. Yeah, 15 minutes or so was to assemble the pump as this was the first one. But even after the pump is hooked up, forget the pre flush and drain, it takes 15 minutes to get the fluid up to temp, 2 hours of flushing, 15 minutes to cool back down. Thats 2 1/2 hrs right there. Then there's the 3 fresh water flushes, re and re t-stat twice, re and re t-stat housing to replace water pump pipe, Clean up equiptment, clean up bay, dispose of antifreeze, flush chem and contaminated water. Fuck me. Also, they only will pay 1/3 the cost of what the disstilled water cost us, so we pay for the rest i guess, and we also cover the cost of disposing of nearly 100 litres of waste antifreeze and shit. Is ford ever getting out of this one cheap. I pride myself in my ability to work efficiently, and can usually make book time on anything on my first try, But i dont think this job could possibly be done in less than 4 1/2 hrs, even with a few under my belt. (Not that that will be a problem, i think i will refuse to do anymore untill the time is more reasoneable.) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image