Do It Right.

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

I know of a charge back where the technician failed to charge out the VC9 Iron cleaner on a head gasket repair... he likely did not flush the system. I wasn't watching and wont make an accusation, BUT... I know you cant flush the system as you are instructed to without using the chemical. <Biting my tongue>

Ford charged back $287 for the coolant and labor for flushing the system.

They are right for doing so. This is an example of of how NOT DOING THINGS THE RIGHT WAY can hurt. Be thorough. Be precise. Be professional. All I am gonna say.

On the other hand, it appears, some dealers didn't charge it out because they thought it was considered shop supplies and ate the cost internally. The flush was done properly, but the ticket was kicked.

• 2 months later...

Got hit for not writing that i used VC-9 when I flushed system after EGR Cooler and Oil Cooler replacement.The bad thing was our parts guy was out sick and he always checks over the ticket before it is closed to make sure all parts were billed.If it would have been billed we would have had more chance of an appeal.It was mostly my fault because I went behind the counter and got the VC-9 because I got tired of waiting on other parts helper who was overcome with customers that day.Just shows what happens when you are in a hurry and don't follow policy everybody loses.Our charge back was around $250.