Staff Meetings.....

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

Ah yes... they're like a brother-in-law... if you need 'em, they're never there and if you wish they'd go away, they camp on your doorstep.

Now.. we certainly can't complain about our staff meetings (well, in part, at least) because they usually involve free pizza and beer...

Staff meetings usually have a preset agenda - management wants to change something they see as "bad" or unprofitable. This is always followed by a beefs and bouquets session... no secrets so far, I'm sure...

During the beefs and bouquets, staff members will all announce those things that they dislike (tools not put away, tools put away dirty, full waster recepticles, tools put away broken... you get the picture).. Often, the worst offender is the loudest voice.

All of the promises we make to each other get tossed with the empty pizza boxes... such is the nature of modern man... I'd like to get back to the old days where your word was a promise and reality shows didn't glorify back-biting...

After nearly 40 years of trying to change things, all I have left is a shake of my head and a "what did you expect?".

Free pizza and beer....

at least you get beer, but on the bright side they fired my service manager 3 weeks ago and my average hours jumped 15 a week.

side note, talking to new service manager yesterday says i quit drinkn in 1978, i look at him and said i wasnt born til 1980 your old!!! i love beer and a sober service manager

Our GM wont hold staff meetings for the svc dept. He knows absolutely nothing about a service dept, and the only time we hear anything from him is when the #s are low or something went wrong. We would love a productive staff meeting, but are (literally) not alowed. (we tried and got in shit) He did hold one general staff meeting a while ago, and just went on for 45 minutes about the market and market shares and our dealers standing in the current market. We did get free booze and meat and cheese though.