pro active vs reactive

Rate this topic

Brad Clayton

My shop is run so poorly, I can't figure out how the doors stay open. Facebook is like a disease which has run rampant thru the entire building. I actually had to wait for an advisor to finish updating his wall before I could get him to look at a ticket I was working on. I went to the service manager to vent and he was playin mafia wars. Give me a friggin break here.

Anywho, Mike did an oil change on a truck that had two lines on the ticket. He did not get to the second line which was a battery complaint and had the day off today. So the truck stayed in the shop overnight and the ticket was returned to dispatch for someone to look at today. This morning the truck was in the way and had to be jumped off to be moved out.

Well about 3pm, I noticed the truck still had not been dispatched. So I went to the advisor and said hey you need to call the owner and tell him not to expect his truck for a while or even by the end of the day. He replied that it was looked at last night and nothing wrong could be found. I replied "THE MOTHERFUCKER HAD TO BE JUMP STARTED TO BE PUT OUT THIS MORNING, YOU FUCKIN NUMB NUTS". Like I said call the guy and head off any problems so he doesnt breeze in trying to pick his truck up.

Well at 4:30 the owner was in the service department, thinking that all was ok, according to the night befores report. And the service manager was trying to explain what the shop policy was and how we normally dont operate like that.

So he waited patiently while his truck was rushed in and out of the shop. While all this could have been done while he was in the comfort of his own home or getting other stuff done. All it took was one phone call!!!!!!!

Fortunately I don't have THAT problem. Stories like this usually affect CSI meaning they likely will come around for discussion again. Keep doing what you are doing and hopefully you might have an influence.

I went to the service manager to vent and he was playin mafia wars. Give me a friggin break here.

What level is he at??? I'm at 283 with 99 mafia. I've mastered all New York job tiers and I'm working on Bangkok now. Posted Image