2004 London Taxi Cab Alternator

Rate this topic

mchan68

Does anyone know of any place where I can obtain an alternator for a 2004 London Taxi Cab in a reasonable amount of time? Please post the price as well. Thanks in advance.

The VIN for the said vehicle is SCRD16N84C155799 if it matters.

mchan, there is a guy in North Carolina that is the only dealer in the US for London Taxi. I'll get his number tomorrow morning. Is itone of those alternators with a clutch on the end?

mchan, there is a guy in North Carolina that is the only dealer in the US for London Taxi. I'll get his number tomorrow morning. Is itone of those alternators with a clutch on the end?

Thanks. I believe two people provided me with this information already. This is why I hate having to wrench on this piece of turd. And yes, it does appear to be one of those alternators with a clutch on the end. Why? You are familiar with them? This thing has a 2.4L "DuraTorq" four banger turbo diesel that has the smallest turbo I have ever seen, in case you didn't know already.

mchan, there is a guy in North Carolina that is the only dealer in the US for London Taxi he is Rob Whitestone (336) 852-2541. By the way had the luck of working on those and i'll take a 6.0 any day. Those cars suck, getting parts sucks, everything about that car sucks.

Let me know if you need the service manual, i'll send it to ya.

Yup, replaced one before. Actually they use the WDS for this car out there in London.I actually connected to the car with our IDS and pulled codes. Only thing is there is no way to research the codes. I called London and worked with those guys on a fuel timing code and they had me pull the whole dam engine apart to check the timing, then told me to change the injection pump. After installed the injection pump they realized they sent the export version, which didn't run the engine. YES, i hate those dam cars.

Well, it was decided to have the alternator sent out to our local rebuilder. I just got a call from him, advising of an issue with the clutch pulley. Is this an issue you came across as well?

If i remember right it was a noise complaint. I was told it was an issue over in London where there a hot item. I would change the belt tensioner too, for some reason the guy said the tensioners usually fail when their unloaded to release the belt. Let me know if you need any help. Anthony (718) 356-9852