Soooooooo...

Rate this topic

I've got one with a P1247 for a low boost concern. Followed pinpoint for concern. Leads to turbo replacement called hotline to double check they had me run two steps on another pinpoint and if they passed replaced turbo. Gotta tear it down monday still don't feel like this is the proper repair but i guess we will see. Truck only has 1600 miles and it started acting up at the 100 mile mark or so.

I've had a few in for repair already... One had a P207F, DEF fluid contamination, and a message stating speed will be limited to 55mph in some number of miles. No pinpoint test for this conde. Called hotline, did a dosing test - ok. Replace NOX sensor. Sensor was on intergalactic backorder

The first one we put on the road had this concern also. It got the new "improved" sensor with the same part # as the original. So far it has been OK. The second one we sold went as far as Cambridge Ontario(about 3 hours from here I think)before it quit and was towed to a dealer. The crankshaft is turning, but not the camshaft. Not a good start for a new engine. I hope they get the bugs worked out before the 6.7 gets a bad reputation like its 2 pre-decessors. On the plus side, fuel economy is much better than the 6.4, so at least there is something positive to comment on. Posted Image

Well after getting the turbo off the one I have right now found it had an exhaust leak behind the wastegate arm in the exhaust housing and also noticed the exhaust housing didn't seem to be fulling seated against compressor side so got the new one in and gonna be fired up tomorrow morning. Ford engineers were not thinking with the bottom up pipe clamp. I still think engineering should sit down with the guy that works on the damn things to make sure its gonna work instead of well it fits lets put it there and worry about the rest later. Can't wait to find a new job haha.

We had one with 600 miles that the exhaust plugged. Would barely even idle, so unable to do any regen attempt. $4300 for a new "torpedo" DOC/SCR/DPF assembly. I think he found the FRP sensor connector not fully seated

Yea turbo didn't fix it and hotline is scratching their heads so fse is being sent out. They think its mechanical I think its something electronic causing the issue but what do I know I'm just a tech. I love these new engines no one has any experience with hope it works out the customer already wants a different truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, I didnt see the question the last time I read through this post. Everyone probably knows by now but the temp sensor is removable from the mirror, it pops out the bottom.