95 GMC Topkick brakes

Rate this topic

I'm pulling my hair out trying to find info on this truck.

brake warning lamp and chime comes on interm while driving.managed to figure out how to get codes from "black box"drivers kick [panel. i have a code 03.problem is if continue driving rear brakes smoke-info i have so far is when pressure drops below 60psi lamp on.this is electric hydr brake system.when i drive pressure readout never goes below 80psi. hopefully someone in here has some input. THIS IS A NONE ABS SYSTEM.Not sure of type, it's a hrdroboost setup but has it's own electric pump attached to hydroboost unit w/pressre senser.

ABS, or no ABS? If so, is it Kelsey Hayes (TRW) ABS? Is brake fluid pressure not releasing to the rear calipers? They had trouble with HCU valves sticking on these causing this problem. Please be a little more clear about what the system is and what's you've done for diagnostics so far. I don't have service info for this truck but you should be able to subscribe to it for $20/day at:

https://www.acdelcotds.com/acdelco/action/home

Good Luck!

Posted Image