10B17 Fuel Economy Q's...

Rate this topic

Aaron

I know its still a little early in the game for numbers yet, but I had a customer in the other day who is a 6.7 owner, and he was concerned with the effect this campaign has on fuel economy/urea usage, if any at all.

Any real-world reports from anyone yet guys? I think his primary concern is the fact that he is averaging around 700 km a tank, and likely would like for it to stay there, or improve.

Thanks in advance guys!

have heard of customers saying they lost mileage, but ford actually claimed better milage. they say original calibration was 18% better than 6.4 was and the new calibration was 20% more. guess time will tell. but i do know most customers tend to say that always. they also always claim power is down, but i guess they won't with this one.

The explanation I heard is that the torque increase resulting from the extra fuel they inject allows them to change the transmission shift schedule such that there is a net increase in fuel economy. I think it was our FSE that told me that but I don't remember for sure.

How would you drive a truck that just got a power upgrade. I know I would being driving it hard to see if there was a difference. Maybe thats why there is a drop in fuel economy, people like the power. check this ssm out

21476 2011 F-SUPER DUTY EQUIPPED WITH LT275/65R 20E A/T OWL MICHELIN TIRES - ACCELERATED TIRE WEAR

SOME 2011 F-SUPER DUTY VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH LT275/65R 20E A/T OWL MICHELIN TIRES MAY EXHIBIT ACCELERATED TIRE WEAR AT LOW TIRE MILEAGE (UNDER 10,000 MILES/16,090 KM). THIS MAY BE DUE TO HIGHER HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE WITH AGGRESSIVE VEHICLE LAUNCHES OR IMPROPER USAGE OF THE ELECTRONIC LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL (ELD) IF EQUIPPED (SEE OWNER'S GUIDE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION). ALSO REFER TO SYMPTOM CHART IN WORKSHOP MANUAL, SECTION 204-00 AND CORRECT ANY ISSUES IDENTIFIED. IF NO PROBLEM IS FOUND, AND TIRES HAVE BEEN ROTATED ACCORDING TO MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE, REPLACEMENT OF TIRES SHOULD ONLY BE DONE ACCORDING TO WARRANTY AND POLICY MANUAL GUIDELINES. PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUBMIT A GLOBAL CONCERN REPORTS (GCR), LOCATED IN THE PTS HELP CENTER UNDER THE "CONTACT US" LINK.

EFFECTIVE DATE: 08/26/2010