04 f-650 with 6.0, no start

Rate this topic

I've got a f-650 with crank but no start. I don't have access to MD truck so I have no codes. I know it's no getting any fuel to the filter housing. It has a mechanic fuel pump mounted to the power steering pump that is driven by the crankshaft. It is not pumping fuel, I replaced the fuel and steering pump assembly and cranked, still no fuel to the housing. I've never worked on this fuel pump set up is there a prime procedure or can anybody give me some help.

It "should" prime itself but it might take a couple sets of batteries by the time it's done. How much fuel is in the tank? If it's low it will aggravate the concern, of course. In the past during similar circumstances I've disconnected the line at the FP and GENTLY applied shop air to the fuel tank vent hose to slightly pressurize the tank and help things along. You have to have a keen sense of what you're doing or this can go wrong. If you could apply a vacuum to the FF housing test port (above the WIF sensor) it would do the same thing.

They did have some problems with the rear gear sets on those and there is an update, but I'm not sure if it would cause your complaint.

Good Luck!

Posted Image