07 6.0 no start

Rate this topic

I've got more answers than questions because you didn't give us much info to start with. What are you comparing your scope waveforms to? Is the CMP wired backwards- that has happened before. Does the initial waveform movement go upwards on the positive pin? (indicating correct polarity) I'm assuming you flashed the PCM? Is there rust under the CMP sensor?

Extended cranking can cause false CKP/CMP codes on nearly any Powerstroke, it's possible you are chasing the wrong problem. Does "Sync" and FICM Sync" change from no to yes? (I suggest changing it to a bar graph, usually FICM Sync changes just before Sync)

If your Sync and FICM Sync change to yes, look at fuel pressure and ICP voltage, which should be .17v-.24v and quickly go to 1.5v+ cranking.

What's your cranking RPM? A 6.0 should crank no slower than 175rpm cold.

Does your waveform look like this? (pins 30 and 31)

Posted Image

My biggest question is why was the FSE no help?

:grin:

I never have sync or ficmsync.

I'd change both sensors and overlay both harnesses, both pigtails are available from FMC (they're different). Maybe the indy shop used aftermarket sensors.

Double check battery strength, cranking speed, powers and grounds to the PCM, etc.

Posted Image