6.0 diesel heads

Rate this topic

Steve Mutter

Why are cylinder heads for the 6.0 on back order? We have 6.0 cylinder head that has a grove in the fire ring area and needs a head. Both big wearhouses in Canada have no stock and are US screen shows no stock as well. What gives? do they have an update head coming out? It also looks like headgasket kits are low on stock as well.

Sounds like you have an aftermarket modified head... I think BTS is one outfit that would groove your heads for fire rings and supply special head gaskets. Only ever seen 'em on two trucks - the owners had some pretty deep pockets.

sorry I ment that it has a wear mark in the head where the gaskets sits casuing a low spot in the surface. So we have a head coming but we had to get it from an out of town ford dealer

yeah Ive had this happen too when it gets driven alot on a junk headgasket. I argued with ford for days over replacement of one of these when you had to have piror approval. They wanted to reuse the damn thing telling me it was normal. It was far from normal and would have just leaked again down the road. Posted Image

We stock several heads and lots of HG kits.

everything has been backordered it seems