7.3l fuel leak

Rate this topic

Okay guys I have searched forum as best I can and found no results.I have a 97 7.3l that has chaffed the fuel line under the turbo.I have always removed the turbo to replace these and it has been a while scince I replaced one but I am interested in knowing if it is possible to do without removing the turbo.If not any tips much appreciated.

If you're talking about the discharge Y line off the tandem pump:

I've not had to remove the turbo on a pickup application. Even on those with the California setup with that stupid accumulator thing on the line.

Take off the compressor discharge Y and the two orange tubes, and block off the intake boxes so as not to drop crap down there.

I usually break loose the lines at each head and then break loose the banjo bolt, and spin it out with my fingers. Make sure to retrieve the washers. Take off the line fittings at the head and work the Y line out.

I've not seen those lines ever rub through, maybe rot.

The rubber lines and the tandem pump leak far more often on these older trucks, as well that fuel filter vacuum switch.

On E vans, it's easier to me to take the turbo off, since its right there.