Blue CMP Sensor

Rate this topic

Has anybody seen this or know anything about it? The web site selling these claims it a new International part?

Posted Image

Quote:
A new International Harvester CPS can be installed in the Powerstroke engine and will make the engine run quieter, smoother while increasing performance and mileage. The IHC CPS provides a stronger more consistent signal to the Ford computer which results in a more accurate injection of fuel and better running engine with easier starts.

That is a DT466E Cam Position Sensor. Part # 1807339C92. It does not do what the seller is claiming. What it does do is change the timing to approx 4 degrees advanced. This is a band aid for someone that has alot of smoke or mechanical problems they should be fixing. The service department used to put them in the T444E when we could not diagnose it correctly. FYI....direct bolt in.

I put one of the DT466 blue cam position sensor in my 2000 7.3 Excursion and it definitely runs quieter, has slightly more power a lot more throttle response and slightly better fuel mileage. I don't think it does anything to the timing and if it did advance it the engine would get louder not quieter. I also have a chip that messes with the timing and other things so if this sensor advances the timing and the chip does too I would think it would cause drivability and noise issues. The one thing I noticed about the blue DT466 CPS was the magnet is a lot stronger when compared to the original Ford CPS. I don't know if that means anything. I think it just cleans up and provides a stronger signal to the PCM.

I have spent more money on stupider things in my life but so far I like this mod.

FMT

I have never put the blue sensor in a PSD, but IH has a TSI letter about putting the black PSD (T444E) sensor in a DT466E when production tolerance stackup causes retarded timing and blue smoke/lack of power. After doing some real world testing with a timing light, a friend of mine determined the black PSD sensors advanced the timing 4-5 degrees over the blue DT sensor in a DT466E. In this case, putting the blue DT sensor in a PSD should retard the timing 4-5 degrees. Why you guys like it better that way I'm not sure....

P.S The blue sensor fails just as bad in a DT as the PSD sensors do.